Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees - another disappointing year

I just heard that the 2012 inductees to the Rock and Roll "Hall of Fame" have been announced.  To my utter lack of surprise but continued disgust, neither Rush nor Kiss were inducted.  Perhaps if the "prominent rock historians" who currently decide the inductees were replaced with crack-addled wildebeests, the inductees would be more in tune with rock fans' tastes than with critics' tastes - the wildebeests certainly couldn't do worse.  As always, I'm dubious about several of the acts that did get inducted, but I'm going to keep quiet about them lest I be accused (near entirely unfairly) of sour grapes.  (I will say, though, that I entirely approve of the decision to induct the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Freddie King.)

No comments:

Post a Comment