Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tea review: Twining's Pomegranate Delight Black Tea

When I went to the store for tea the other day, I got a free sample bag of this tea in my box of Twining's Earl Grey tea.  Being pretty much always willing to try a new tea, I gave it a shot, and I'm so glad I did.  The info card that came with it describes it as light and fruity, which sums it up pretty well.  It reminded me of the Twining's Blackcurrant (recently repackaged as Blackcurrant Breeze), but with a lighter flavor - I sometimes found the Blackcurrant to be a bit cloying by the end of the cup, but didn't find this to be the case with the Pomegranate Delight.

In fact, I only found one thing I didn't like about Pomegranate Delight:  None of my local grocery stores carry it.  If World Market hadn't decided to close all their stores in my state, I probably could have found it there, but...  It's times I like I would love to be a big-name blogger, because then Twining's would contact me to say "Please allow us to send you a complimentary box of Pomegranate Delight, as well as a sampling of our other fine teas for you to review," which I would graciously accept.  In the meantime, I suppose I'm stuck with mail order.

No comments:

Post a Comment