Friday, December 30, 2011

But what about second breakfast?


Pippin:  But what about breakfast?
Aragorn:  You've already had it.
Pippin:  We've had one, yes.  But what about second breakfast?
This exchange from the movie version of The Fellowship of the Ring has gotten a lot of replay in my house.  Being of a rather hobbitish disposition myself, the idea of second breakfast is very appealing to me.  And if the idea of an extra meal (or two) between breakfast and lunch doesn't appeal to you, I'm sure you have your own "second breakfasts."  Second breakfasts are the little things that make life enjoyable.  The niceties.  The lagniappe.  You won't die without them, and you won't save the world by having gained them.  But life is just more pleasant when you've got them.

So what can you expect to find here?  Well, to be honest, you can't expect to find anything.  But from time to time you'll find things here, and I hope they please and delight you.  Today's post could be something about food.  Or politics.  Or education.  Or literature.  Or art.  Or bad movies.  Tomorrow I could be off on another topic entirely.  Basically, it's whatever thoughts are occupying my mind at that particular moment in time.  If I have (what I think is) a great idea, I'll bring it here.  If I have a question that nags at me and won't go away, I'll bring it here, and hope that some of you have something helpful to say.  If I read an article that I feel compelled to respond to, I'm most likely to bring it here to comment on it, especially since so many sites require you to have an account at their site to be able to comment there - I've got better things to do with my time than to set up umpteen jillion different accounts for the (dubious) privilege of commenting on their site.

So, welcome to second breakfast.  Pull up a chair, grab a beverage of choice, and lets see if we can make the world a little more pleasant.
 

1 comment:

  1. I was a hungry pregnant woman twice. I can relate to the positive energy of second breakfasts. ;)

    I love your concept and I'm looking forward to future pleasantries.

    ReplyDelete